What apps for Bloom's Taxonomy?





I have had my iPad for roughly four months now and it has been exciting to learn how to use it and know just what it can do for me and more importantly how it can impact positively on my teaching. I have discovered and made use of many apps and I thought it would be useful to reflect on what part these apps can play in the delivery of the differing objectives that educators would like their students to go through in the learning process. So, I have here the Revised Taxonomy which I believe gives clear guidelines for today’s educators to steer their students through this learning process and guide them to the higher-order thinking skills that we want them to access.
For iPad users there will be no surprises here and for those who are new to iPad I hope this provides some idea of which ones to use. There are a wealth of apps available and there are, undoubtedly, some that have been missed off the list but they would have been at home here too. Similarly, many of the apps could just as easily have played a part in any of the objectives described in Bloom’s Taxonomy. Explain Everything, for example, is an excellent platform for sharing knowledge and equally for creating. In my mind many apps are flexible and how they are used depends largely on the instructor’s choice. At the very least these apps should be considered as key for classroom use no matter what role they play. The hope is that this selection provokes discussion and investigation into what apps would be most effective in a classroom that has, at it’s heart, student progress.

Comments