Learning-Oriented Assessment





Once again, I need to admit in my blogpost my lack of pedagogical nous. I had not really heard of the expression Learner-oriented assessment.  Shameful, I know.  However, I am pretty keen on AFL and am very happy to see end of year exams as more than just a summative test for which I provide no feedback.  On the contrary - they provide good opportunities to feedback to pupils and hence feedforward to future pieces of work.   During the year I am a keen proponent of AFL techniques making the most of peer-assessment, self-evaluation and tick lists (see right)




I have recently had to evaluate a few tools in terms of how they can help in the assessment process.  The tools were Classmarker, Duolingo, SpellingCity and Fakebook.  Many are similar to what you have undoubtedly seen and tried already and are probably well known to you.  However, if you do not know them, they are worth a look. 


Here's the link to the piktochart (cool website) that I made - my piktochart on Learner-Oriented Assessment  and a sneak preview of my  piktochart.



Comments