A good tech tool

With a little time on my hands I have been investigating some tools that I think have a great part to play in the classroom.  One of these is @EDpuzzle.  Rather like @educanon123 you can take your video from a wide variety of sources (you tube, Khan academy, Vimeo and so on).  I chose one I had made earlier and stored on you tube.


Interestingly, when I made this video using the fabulous @explainevrything I then made a worksheet to go with it.  @EDpuzzle takes away the need for a worksheet.  Your questions can be placed exactly where you want them in the video and there is no limit on the number of questions you can have.  There are two types of questions (true/false or open) and a comments box for some further guidance at opportune moments from the teacher.
https://edpuzzle.com/media/53cf880970aeac435eef4595
Click on the picture to see the video in action.
 
There is further flexibility in that the video can be cropped to suit your exact needs and you can add voiceover.

Once you have made your video you can then assign it to your class.  As with Edmodo, Nearpod and many others your class simply have to enter the code and access the video.  
 
 

Students then listen to the video which stops for each question and does not continue until answers have been submitted.  If you wish you can allow students to skip questions too for completion later on.
 
Once the work is complete you will have a complete set of data in front of you to assess your students' learning.  The next step in their learning will quickly be evident to you.  Now will it be another video or perhaps they will be ready to make their own video?  Perhaps they can have a go at creating another learning video using @EDpuzzle?  I'll leave that decision with you.  I would be interested to know your thoughts.  Please let me know about this or any other tool you have tried and leave me a message in the comments box below.
 
 
 
 


Comments