Idoceo - revisiting the 21st century markbook

I have been using idoceo for over a year now and have posted a blog about it here.  This is just another short post to sing its praises again and to highlight how this excellent tool can be used. I do not propose to go over features I have already explored in my previous blog but to share some other features I have used this year.
For me, one of the best features of this app is the ability to get so much information about a class as a whole, about particular tasks and about pupil progress.  Surely, details that every teacher needs at the touch of a button? 

Take for example this infographic taken from my Year 9 class.   
At a glance I can see how the class have fared on a verb test or an adjective worksheet.  Indeed, whatever the task I can work out the average, mean or mode and see at a glance the highest and lowest value in the class and how many did not complete a task.  At the top of the infographic there is 
a graph that tells me about class attendance which is information that also comes in very handy when reviewing class progress and of course when writing reports.
The level of detail that I can store in this electronic mark book is one of the features that I like best.  When work is submitted late it is easy to input and store this information and thus build up a record of student' performance. 

I have mentioned the seating plan feature before but I want to revisit it now.  Here is a tool that allows me to organise my classroom seating plan based on a variety of information.  For example my students' average marks or their baseline data or, as in this image, their most recent exam marks.  

Not only that, I can create a variety of seating plans depending on the activity I am doing.  So as a linguist I might organise my seating plan using listening scores, speaking scores and so on.  In all, it is possible to make up to 5 different seating plans per class.  
Other features are that I have made use of this term is the quick attendance feature.  Very quickly I am able to record attendance and note tardiness as well. 

It is clear to see from the image above who is in, who is out and more importantly who is late. With all this information now easily at my fingertips I am able to peruse whatever I want and need to know and I can carefully organise my information with the handy tabs at the side.  In the old days when I wanted to look at last terms exam results or some other information from the previous term I had to turn back the page or rewrite out the information again.  These days, I can use the copy feature on idoceo to embed into my new tab (I use a two new tabs per term - one for results and feedback and the other for attendance). 


I think idoceo is a great tool and if it have a tablet I would thoroughly recommend that you check it out.  You will not be disappointed.  
Let me know your thoughts in the app in the comments box below.




Comments