The Organised Teacher

I have a number of blogposts in me but somehow it has been over a year since I have sat down to write anything other than table mats, knowledge organisers, worksheets, emails, reports or any of the usual Modern Language teacher requirements.  However, this past academic year, the 25th of my teaching career, has been an important one for me as I have really got to grips with my Microsoft Surface Pro, Office 365 and the amazing array of tools on offer.  I have never been afraid to use technology if it is going to enhance my usual teaching practice and thus it is that I have embraced my Surface Pro and ensured that my classes have understood how this tool can help them in their education.   For this, my first blogpost since last June, I am going to quickly show you how Microsoft Notebook has been so useful for me in my own personal organisation.  I can tell you that my office no longer looks much like this:

image credit: Flickr 

As the year has progressed, I have created numerous Microsoft Class Notebooks with each of my classes and within these I have created a number of resources which I know I will want to use again.  I have collated in one Notebook, rather creatively named 'JEB Teaching Notebook', all the important parts of last year's work.  It is rather like keeping all the worksheets you create in one exercise book or folder, except these resources will be easily accessible from anywhere, in the format that I want and I will be able simply to copy over what I need to my new Class Notebook and manipulate as appropriate.  Each year the basis of the work I would like to cover will be ready in my Teaching Notebook.  The original Class Notebook previously created will then be obsolete and can be deleted.

It may seem like a small gain, but it is an important one for teachers who are time poor.  Watch the video to see how it works and let me know your thoughts in the comments box below.







Comments

  1. Love the idea of having everything together. I'm fed up of opening multiple documents to see what I did the previous year. How do you use your Notebook resources in the classroom? How easy is it to import existing resources on ppt/word for example and collate them in your teaching notebook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you watched @joedale Tilt webinar videos? that shows everything. I have a master notebook and then adapt and copy into my current class notebook. I share my screen and use what's in the notebook adapting/inserting resources as necessary. I am now using peardeck for the current lockdown situation - that is working very well with powerpoint

      Delete
  2. Hi thank you for your tips, they are great. Do you use microsoft teams and notebook? Or are you in google classroom?
    What do you do going around the issue that if you swap schools then you would not have access to what you have created in your school teams? Do you have a personal microsoft team notebook? Sorry dont worry if you use google class as this has a different way of accessing things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. This is all about Microsoft Teams & Class Notebook. If I swap schools I will copy my Notebooks into my own personal Notebook.

      Delete

Post a Comment