The Organised Student

In my recent blogpost, The Organised Teacher I focused on how Microsoft's OneNote could help me be more organised as a teacher. My own personal organisation has a positive affect on my students too and I am able to harness Class Notebook for the benefit of my students.  When my new cohort start in September, they will be able to access much of the main content of the course and they will be able to retrieve notes on previous areas of study.  Not only will they be able to re-read notes, they will also be able to practise their skills via links.  

Organisation comes naturally to some

For some people structuring their work comes naturally but for others it is much more of a struggle.  Setting up Class Notebooks allows me to provide much needed assistance for my less organised students and light the way for them and others to work in a more systematic way.

For example when my new Year 10s start in September they will have a notebook that will contain a number of sections that they can refer to over the year and if they wish, they can look ahead and get an idea of some of what we will be covering.

There will be sections on:

  1. Grammar (both new and previously learned)
  2. Topic work - incorporating some of the powerpoints we might use as a starting point in class
  3. Oral work
  4. Quizzes
  5. Idioms
This list is by no means finite and what my students will find in the sections will be resources that they can use. With each class that I teach I adapt, amend and change so I am loathe to say that the Class Notebook has everything a student will study in the year, but there will certainly be plenty for students to rely upon and aid them to succeed in my subject.

Here is a short video overview.


I would love to know your thoughts.  Please let me know in the comments box below.  I leave the final word to Benjamin Franklin: 



For every minute spent organising an hour is earned 




Comments